Thursday, May 27, 2010

Standards complaint Cllr Charles Haworth

26th May 2010




Dear Mr Pook

Re: Standards complaint Cllr Charles Haworth,

At the meeting of parks and recreation committee Wednesday 26th May 2010
Cllr Charles Haworth refused to allow me as a Councillor to make a proposal relating to agenda item:

10. Cutts Close

To consider any issues raised and to make appropriate decisions thereon.
To include:

(i) To decide on a colour for the iron work on the bandstand.

When I made several attempts to propose a vote Cllr Haworth refused to listen to my proposal and insisted time have moved things on because the matter had previously been decided outside the meeting.

His refusal to allow me to make a proposal is a clear breach of his new position as chairman of this committee, Also a breach of my rights as a councillor according to the local government act.

This is another example of the councils intent to obstruct my work as a Councillor.


Yours Sincerely

Cllr Martin Brookes