Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Royce Recreation Ground Oakham Vandalised

At the next Council meeting Cllrs will be asked to consider replacing a new piece of equipment that has been vandalised twice. The first time the supplier replaced the damaged equipment free of charge.

This time we are being asked to consider spending £14,000 replacing the equipment. I am told this is 7% of the councils income.

I sense a feeling the council can not afford this and no money is set aside for this type of cost.

Strangely the council does not insure for vandalism, I am told it would cost to much.

Most shockingly Cllr Walters has sent this message via his iphone

Sent: 29 June 2010 17:03:19


To: Martin Brookes (martinjbrookes@hotmail.com)


Galaxy now broken please pass on no addresses on phone

Sent from my iPhone while on location.


A more detailed reply may follow from the studio.


Alan Walters


www.waltersphoto.co.uk

Not sure why he asks me to pass on info, those Cllrs who can do something don't read my e-mail so they say. I know they read my blog, so here should work