Saturday, September 24, 2011

Big Week Ahead, Oakham Heritage Lottery Application

The End of the Week has two big events in my life.

The first its the final day of the Standards Tribunal, quite depressing really to think, Rutland County Council, Oakham Town Council and ex Councillors all bullies have been waiting for this day for so long.

Just imagine how wonderful our town would be, if they put all their efforts of all the hate mail, bullying and other activities too see me removed from the Town Council Chamber into working for our town... It would be idyllic.

I won't be attending the tribunal on Friday the Judge has seen my apologies and I think he would understand the importance of this meeting.

I believe its more important to work for our town and I am pleased to say that is what I will be doing.

Currently with the support of Oakham Town Council and the working group I lead, we will be travelling to
Market Harborough for a meeting with The Heritage Lottery Fund. pre-application surgery to discuss project ideas/proposals.

We would have liked to involved Rutland County Councils Conservation Officer but he ignored my letter sent from the Town Council Office. Staff at Rutland County Council are instructed by the Chief Executive Helen Briggs to ignore me.

We are hoping to apply for a grant from The Heritage Lottery Fund Street Scape Fund to help make improvements to the West End of the town.

I spoke to some traders who are fed up being constantly knocked,  one said "come back when you have the money we are sick of all the years of consultation". I understand people have talked about improvements to the west end of town for nearly 15 years. So I can understand their frustrations.

If I am kicked of the Council by Standards this week I can continue with the application and try and achieve something for our town and to be honest that is all I have ever wanted to do.

If the application does not succeed at least we have tried.

I am told as a councillor you can't call an ex councillor an idiot even if they call you far worse.
So I find it hard to understand why The Conservative Leader of Rutland County Council, Roger Begy can call me an idiot in public.