Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cllr Charles Haworth, Oakham Town Councillor, Reluctant to leave police station



Cllr Charles Haworth, Oakham Town Councillor, Reluctant to leave police station

Cllr Haworth refused to leave Oakham Police yesterday, claiming my presence on the public highway scared
him?

I was approached by a plain clothes officer who explained the problem to me after flashing his warrant card.
I suggested I was willing to stand across the road to capture my image, if that made him feel a little more
comfortable. This was agreed. The police officer did not want a breach of the peace.

It is not known why Councillor Haworth looking quite tired and shabby was visiting Oakham Police station
or why he was taken to a back interview room by a plain clothes female officer,

Or why he would be scared of me?

He made an attempt to leave, but felt he could not and closed the door, I am not sure if the officer who can be see standing and holding the inner door pushed him out for the second attempt.

Cllr Haworth's nearby neighbours are equally puzzled as to why the police took him away
on the 17th  January this year the day the police told me they had arrested a person and took away two computers belonging to that person.



Cllr Haworth selecting a track on his limited edition chrome ipod, using the words of his friends an
affordable purchase for a person long term unemployed.

If you have any questions to put to Cllr Haworth he will be holding a surgery at Victoria Hall on Saturday
morning with Cllr Lucas.

Cllr Haworth refuses to deny the allegations of his arrest, he would do well to refer to his code of conduct which requires honesty and openness.