Sunday, June 09, 2013

Why Do We Pay Oakham Town Clerk So Much When He Can Not Complete Basic Accounts

Why do we pay Oakham Town Clerk so much money, when he can not complete basic accounts correctly?

Is it because he is so busy standing at the window gossiping on the phone to the old guard?

Or is it because he is not qualified for the job and is this the reason for the many days he takes off?

I sat in the council meeting when Cllr Lard rather smugly proposed thanks for the Clerks hard work.

I sat quiet as the Councillors approved his work, not one had spotted his blinding error.

I am pleased they did not as I hoped this would ensure the external auditor would take a closer look at
procedures at Oakham Town Council.

This includes what they have already said they will investigate.

Oakham Town Councils lack of tendering of for contracts to refurbish the gym and the letting to one of their friends without putting the property on the open market.

Oakham Town Council spent a quarter of its income on that project last year.

They will not recoup the money spent throughout the duration of the lease.

For the record as shown on the public the payment list the Clerk is currently receiving £2,142.69 a month for this poor standard of work.

Rutland County Councillor Montgomery once asked me "why is he paid so much"? "I am only paid £100 a month by my parish council.

My answer is because he is looked after, he father is a retired local police Sgt. That is his only qualification for the job.