Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Rutland County Council Special Council Tax Meeting and Protest Sit In.

Rutland County Council Special Council Tax Meeting and Protest Sit In.

The Council voted not to increase it's part of this years council tax bill.

Residents will see an increase for fire and police.

Cllrs Walters (Ind) and Marc A Oxley (Green) abstained.

The was a large absence including all three UKIP Cllrs.



I arrived at Rutland County Councils Chamber and staged by protest sit in about one hour before
the 7pm meeting.

I used the councillors tables to barracade the doors, tables with wheels don't really make a good baricade.
These were removed by the Chief Executive and staff at 6.45pm

I gave the council a explanation letter for my protest.

As I took to the Chairman's seat they decided to switch ends and move the chairman, CEO and other officers to the other end of the chamber.

By this point I had moved the chair into the centre of the tables and waited for the Chairman to start the meeting before moving my chair to a possition in front of her and the deputy and CEO for a Rutland
Conservative she was considrable nice.

It was also  good place to photograph them.



From Left Conservative Chief Executive Helen Briggs
Charlotte Vernon  (Con) surprisingly nice for a Rutland
Tory. Edward Baines (Con)



Cllr Parsons (Con) still breaking council rules bringing cans
of diet coke into the chamber, he could not even be
bothered to put th eempty in the bin, an old fashioned
Rutland Tory who believes people serve him. Jeffrey T Dale
claims to be Independent.



After the conclusion of the meeting no one was in a hurry to leave at
around 7.30pm.

Roger Begy OBE (Con) Leader chats to Cllr Alan Walters right
Cllr James Lammie (Con) top left chat to Cllr Marc A Oxley (Green)
most likely being interegated for their voting abstentions re the
budget described by Roger Begy as robust.

All Councillors departed and Mrs Briggs and staff remained.
They called the police and said I would be forcably removed by the police
Clearly they have no understanding of UK Civil Law. A male council officer
wanted to use reasonable force as he would "if I was sitting in his lounge
at home" he described the council chamber as the same, he must have
really poor taste in funiture and decor if the chamber is the same as
his lounge.

The police arrived and after a chat, they then asked Mrs Briggs and her
team to leave, the premises officer remained. this was about 9pm.

Mrs Briggs and her staff had entertained themselves buy using mobile
phones and laptops and provided staff with coffee.

Mrs Briggs and also passed the time by cleaning up the Council
Chamber and washing councillors glasses.

Mrs Briggs once said the council building was hers, I think tonight
I peacefully and silently proved it belongs to the public and not her.

After Mrs Briggs and co had gone home, I chatted with a freindly
WPC from Leicestershire Police, who asked me "where was I moving
to next"? I replied you are sounding a bit like them.

A Oakham PCSO told me "people are treated the same by councils
up and down the land and it was not just Oakham" If that is the case
it does not make it right I said and I would suggest Rutland has a rather
unique cowardly way of bullying it's critics or "Whistle Blowers" was how
PCSO described me.

At 9.40 I decided it was time to leave or I would miss the yellow label
bargains at Tesco.

The WPC said  she had "achieved something" I said no, if I had wanted
to sit all night I would have done so.

She thanked me because she had learnt civil law this evening.

I told her my next protest will be to sit on the Chief Constable Simon Coles
Desk at Police Headquarters, she said he would not let me in.

Any way I thank Leicestershire Police for allowing me to carry out my
peaceful protest.

My Letter to Rutland County Council

17th February 2014

Dear Rutland County Council
Legal Bullies of 2013 (Private Eye)

I am staging a sit in protest a civil protest, not criminal.

I request the resignation of the following:

Helen Briggs, for many reasons, the last being she lied in court
under oath. "He follows me around, photographs me all the time
I am out shopping".

Cllr Gene Plews for his support and participation in hate crimes
against me.

Amd all those councillors who support Cllr Charles Haworth and
the former Oakham Mayors, Homophobic hate crimes since 2009.

Leicestershire Police Prosecute Cllr Haworth

M J Brookes


A member of the public made the same point as me today Cllr Haworth
has admitted breaking the law since 2009 till this day, so why don't
the police charge him. That person said if they went to the police
and admitted a crime they would expect to be charged.