Friday, March 21, 2014

Oakham Town Council No Election Called.

Oakham Town Council No Election Called.

Oakham Town Council will be pleased to know Rutland County Council received
no letter from residents calling for an election in Oakham NE ward after the resignation
of co-opted Cllr Simon Dyer.
Oakham Town Council can now co-opt a replacement that will do as they say.

I would normally go out and get a letter signed by the required ten residents. This time
I decided I would not.

I think the publics lack of interest in their Town Council should send a message to it.
Although my expereince tells me that is the way the council likes it.

It would be good if people did take a serious interest in the town council.

Today at 3.30pm I called Oakham Town Council and the over paid
Clerk was not at work answering the phone. It is a disgrace this man takes from mine
and other peoples wages  a sum of £2,000+ for part-time hours. It is also a joke
he has an assistant.

It would be nice if residents got together and did what many towns have done over
the last few years and abolished the pointless town councils like Oakham Town
Council.

On a subject too big for me, you would be surprised how many people are keen to
see the same happen with Rutland County District Council. When they say this
many are not suggesting the abolition of the county just the council. Although I am not
sure how that would work.

Could we have?

Rutland, Leicestershire

Rutland, Cambridgeshire

Rutland, Lincolnshire

Rutland, Northamptonshire

People say Leicestershire would not want us back, I was not living here under the control of  Leicestershire so I don't really know what went wrong or why people would say that?