Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Aldi, Oakham Town Council Approves, Application Possibly Described By Town Clerk as a Pile of Shit.

Aldi, Oakham Town Council Approves, Application Possibly Described By Town Clerk as a Pile of Shit.

I sat at tonight's council meeting listening hard as I always do. I was suprised to hear the Clerk whilst
pointing to a pile of Aldi documents describe them as a pile of shit. I thought no I did not hear that? there
was a pause as he attempted to find another word to describe the large pile of papers and he turned
to the Mayor and said Oh dear I nearly said something I should n't and turned red.

Cllrs did not refer to the documents or plans and approved the application.

Conservative Councillor Stan Stubbs felt something should be said and said there is a lot of public support for this application and the Town Council should write to Rutland County Council and tell them to note the
public support for the application.

As for the Clerks slip of the tounge, its alway good to hear his input at planning meetings :-)