Sunday, April 06, 2014

No Words Required, Rutland County Council, Oakham Town Council



No Words Required, Rutland County Council, Oakham Town Council


On Saturday after speaking to the UKIP Cllr and Protester in Oakham High Street
and a young lady who used to attend Rutland County Council meetings. A
a member of the Anti Tesco Expansion Group.

I decided to visit Rutland County Museum to view the Rutland Open Art Exhibition.

The first painting I saw was rather fitting shown above, titled No Words Required
this sum up our councils.

The young lady was asked by the UKIP councillor, why don't you involve yourself
in council matters? "I used to" she replied adding "I am apathetic now" "everything
at the council seems to be pre-decided"

I agree and I have often refered to the good theatre at Rutland County Council and
the awful productions at Oakham Town Council.

It is hard work to seek permission to make any sort of public deputation at Rutland
County Council. It's  one of the reasons I don't bother, what's the point of saying
anything when Councillors don't listen to the public they are meant to serve.

It's easier at Oakham Town Council, but time restrictions don't help.

I wrote to Oakham Town Council last month to complain about Councillors
conduct durring public deputations. Those who sit at the table with their backs
to the public don't turn and look, Cllr Lucas switches of her hearing aid and
covers her eyes when she does not like the member of the public. I don't think that
will happen again because I told the council if it does continue I will video or photograph
and publish the disgraceful conduct.

A Dean Street resident also complained about Oakham Town Council to her
County Councillor. "They are very rude and they don't listen" she said.

For a long time now I have moaned about the growing public apathy the Rutland
mob enjoy.

If all the residents who suffer from apathy got together they could make a big
change for good for our town and county.