Thursday, July 24, 2014

Democracy Oakham Town Council Style, Co-option, Rutland County Council CEO Helen Briggs, interference of the democratic process

This evening Cllrs Stubbs, Guthrie, Lowe, Woodcock, Dewis and Nowell

Held an unlawful predetermination meeting.

I have once again applied to be co-opted onto Oakham Town Council.
I don't really expect Oakham Town Council to play fair.

I turned up for this evenings meeting as I always do early and sat in the chair
outside the locked door.

Its very easy to hear conversations going on behind the door.
I was surprised to hear I was the subject of the meeting behind closed
doors, those members were predetermining the outcome of the co-option.

Cllr Dewis disagreed with some who did not even want an interview to
be held, even though the full council have approved the full process at their
last meeting "we must interview him as it will cause us less problems."

This week I receive a letter from the Clerk confirming the process.

Cllr Lowe said "we need a strategy to deal with him" and "I don't like
him"

Cllr Stubs was giving Cllr Leane Martins opinion in her absence. He once again
said he would support me if I stopped this blog!

I won't mention the rest I heard. the conduct of theses council members is disgraceful.

The councillors are aware of what I heard and I have said "do not put me through
an interview process just to humour yourselves. Especially as I know
Cllr Lucas who has lied to the police on more than one occasion has
volunteered to sit on the panel.

These members feel it can waste my time by interviewing me and not considering
my application at full council.

Rutland County Councils Chief Executive Helen Briggs is assisting them with
this corrupt farce.

In the past Helen Briggs permitted another chance for an election to be called
after the co-option process failed.
This time she has instructed Oakham Town Council to repeat the co-option
process.

The council appeared to be doing that before tonight's private meeting.

The reason Mrs Briggs is not permitting a election is there is a high risk
I could be elected elected unopposed.

The time wasted due to the slow co-option process, as pointed out by Rutland
County Council would be beneficial to the council because once six months
before the next election is reached they don't have to fill the vacancy.

The Action of Mrs Briggs and Oakham Town Council is an interference of the
democratic process and it stinks!