Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Oakham Town Council Highlights, Co-option of Cllr Alan Walters, Cllr Stan Stubs Possible Planning Corruption, Rutland County Council

Oakham Town Council Highlights, Co-option of Cllr Alan Walters, Cllr Stan Stubs Possible Planning Corruption, Rutland County Council.

I shall be writing a full report and publishing a video in the morning.

We were treated to a perfect piece of theatre as Rutland County Councillor Alan Walters
was co-opted onto the council.

Alan who had previously resigned, because he found the petty nature of the council not that amusing.

I knew, I should have placed a bet on him being then selected to serve on the planning sub committee.

I had pointed this possibility out to a member of the public.

There was a slight adjournment whilst Cllr Walters was taken into the Clerks office to quickly sign his papers, I think it was a Blue Peter moment, It was all very quick.

After the meeting I pointed this out to a councillor who has a wicked sense of humour. They suggested "the Clerk was efficient! and he had already prepared the documents for all the candidates accept you"

Efficient meaning achieving maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort or expense. If he had prepared documents for all the candidates then he had failed on the waste and expense element.
Paper waste!

As Alan took his seat the next item was considered, would Adam like to join the planning sub committee? of course he would what a silly question.

Tonight's meeting agenda contained one planning application.

Cllr Stan Stubs exhibited the very close relationship he is building on with Rutland County Council,
He said the Conservation Officer "had urged him I better be careful what I say" and went on to say
he won't be supporting the application.

When the video is published all will be able to see how Cllr Stubs digs his hole and how another councillor said what everyone was possibly thinking.

After the meeting, I said to Cllr Stubs "you dug your own hole" The revolting man in his usual intimidating manner approached me and said "No one listens to you and no one will ever listen to you" Well when the video is published people might like to listen to his own condemning words.

Also after the meeting I spoke to another Councillor who expressed irritation at the way Rutland County Council often attempts to influence Oakham Town Council decisions.

I am sure it is unlawful for council staff to attempt to influence Councillors?

I was also surprised to hear Cllr Martin's report about the planning sub committee and their plans
to work very closely with planning officers at Rutland County Council. I believe this sub committee
is taking on a role that is not that of a councillors and maybe they should consider resigning and becoming Oakham Town Council planning officers?

Oakham Town Council deferred all matters relating to filming, I am guessing the legal advice they have received has let them know they are fools or foolish?