Monday, October 27, 2014

Cllr Charles Haworth, Oakham Town Council, Resignation Letter, 21 days?

Cllr Charles Haworth, Oakham Town Council, Resignation Letter, 21 days?

Last week I asked the Clerk Richard White for a copy of Cllr Charles Haworth's
resignation letter, I was told of the councils new requirement that all such requests
are put in writing. I promptly did so.

This week I telephoned the Town Council and spoke to the assistant Clerk and
she told me I would have to wait 21 days for a photo copy to comply with FOI.

Strangely I did not make a FOI request.

What does the council have to hide?

This is not the first time this council has been awkward towards people making simple
requests like this.

I am aware of a person who was told to write in for minutes, but this was later
overruled after an outside influence became involved. When we last had a
decent democratic services officer in the county.