Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Oakham Town Council, Election and Co-options

At this evenings meeting Cllr Alf Dewis said it is Rutland County Council who decide if
an election is to be called in Oakham.

I have reviewed the video and he says that very clearly.

During the meeting members decided not to co-opt for the two vacant seats.

They also decided they would post the statutory notices.

This of course means resident could collect ten signatures and call and election.

Cllr Dewis said an election would not be permitted.

After the meeting I was not going to speak to Cllr Dewis but he challenged me
"are you not going to tell me I have got it wrong"

He challenged me to call an election because he is confident that Rutland County Council
will not permit an election within six months of the main election.

I believe this is wrong it also shows the councils unhealthy relationship with our dishonest
returning officer.

I say dishonest because of her big lie in court.

Oakham Town Council would hope the returning officer would block any
election because the two seats would be filled possibly unopposed by myself
and the other person who wants to be co-opted.

Oakham Town Council co-opted a person this evening in his absence
Cllr Alan Walters raised a concern about a applicants letter it would seem
some possible canvassing of a member was mentioned in the candidates
letter.

Cllr Alf Dewis verbally attacked Cllr Alan Walters during the meeting
turning red he ask "are you trying to impress" Oakham Town Councils
co-option are almost always corrupt. I feel Cllr Walters was being open
and transparent and for some strange reason Cllr Alf Dewis wanted him
to keep his concerns private.

If they have co-opted the man I think they have he was the man who
asked a very stupid question at the last meeting so he should fit into
there "pack" very nicely.