Monday, April 06, 2015

Oakham Town Council Election 2015 Notice as to Validity of Nomination Martin Brookes

Oakham Town Council Election 2015  Notice as to Validity of Nomination Martin Brookes

Pleased to say I have been nominated for Oakham Town Council.

I had a number of people offer and thank those who nominated me.

I have not yet revealed which ward I am contesting due to dirty tricks
carried out by the old guard.

A Councillor this week confirmed Oakham Town Councillors met to discuss
which wards they would stand in to avoid an election.

A prospective candidate told me the old guard is telling people not to stand
in either of the wards in the North of Oakham. Lets hope their plan backfires.

The councillor who text me information has made it very clear they have
not taken part in any of the dirty tricks carried out by the old guard being

Cllr Joyce Lucas, Cllr Stan Stubbs, Cllr Alf Dewis, Cllr Jayne Woodcock
Cllr John Nowell

Lets hope their plan backfires and they lose their seats.

Another point is I am hoping many of them will be disqualified if
the repeat something they have commonly done before. None of
the old guard attended the prospective candidates briefing because they
think they know it all.

On Saturday I received my notice of Nomination from the Tory
Returning officer Helen Briggs who strangely appears to not know
if I am a Sir or Madam.

I have at this stage also redacted the names of those who nominated me
so they can enjoy a short period of peace without being harassed for
doing so.

Despite these precautions I don't trust the dishonest Tory returning
officer not to leak the information before the day nominations are
published officially.