Thursday, May 14, 2015

Helen Pender Uncontested Town Council The Days of Private Black Balling Must End

Helen Pender Uncontested Town Council The Days of Private Black Balling Must End





Sarcastic invitation to Mrs Clifton from Cllr Alf Dewis inviting her to advise the
Town Partnership.

He suggested she should apply to join the Town Partnership

Oakham has to many very restrictive ineffective organisations
like the Town Partnership.

As we heard in the meeting the membership is changing at the partnership
change is expected.

Cllr Alf Dewis was booted out of the chairman's seat after his
three year long reign.

I understand a lot of the current and new members would like
him to leave the partnership.

I have been told the partnership would like to be more open
and welcoming to all. Mr Dewis states this is incorrect and
the partnership will not be opening its doors. He did say the
annual meeting will once again become a public event.

He demanded to know who had told me about the desired
changes, I refused to tell him.


Mrs Pender raised the concern about the lack of public interest
in serving their community on the council.

Later Cllr Stubbs told me people don't want to be on the
council because of me. All I can say if you constantly
spread untruths about me then people are bound to be deterred.