Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Mike Barnes – Parish Council Election Candidate 2015 North Luffenham

Vote for Mike Barnes – Parish Council Election Candidate 2015

I have lived happily in the village with my family for over 20 years and feel very passionate about it. It’s a great place to live. There is massive potential to develop the village for everyone whilst retaining its unique character as a corner of Rutland and a place where we live.

I am currently a Councillor on your Parish Council as well as sitting on the planning committee and web site development group. I joined in 2014 to try and make a difference and I hope I have contributed in that short time. A village like ours should have a Parish Council that is representative, listens to everyone and makes the right decisions for everyone. We need a Village Plan, a strategy on spending funds and a way to communicate with everyone who lives here. We need to consider the younger families, the elderly and the new people who are moving in. We need more activities that everyone can enjoy.

It is time to change our approach and shift a gear and this is the opportunity – so please vote. I know all the candidates and there are some great people putting themselves forward. As to myself, I am a marketing and business professional and generally work from home in Kings Road. I have two teenage children and a spaniel called Binley who walks me around the village. You have probably seen us.

Promoted by Mike Barnes of

30 Kings Road
North Luffenham
Oakham
Rutland
LE15 8JH