Sunday, May 10, 2015

Oakham Town Council Election Petition, Royal Courts of Justice London

Oakham Town Council Election Petition, Royal Courts of Justice London


The Election Petitions Office
Room E113
Royal Courts of Justice
Strand
London WC2A 2LL

Petition against the election of the following
elected unopposed Oakham Town Councillors.

Cllr Alf Dewis
Cllr Stan Stubbs
Cllr Adam Lowe
Cllr Joyce Lucas

I was  candidate and I believe the above were involved in corrupt
practices leading up to the election of May 7th 2015.

I am aware whilst potential candidates were considering
standing for election some were telephoned  by a number of current town Councillors
and were told which ward to stand in to prevent elections and to ensure I was
not elected and they did not lose their seats.

At least one person has told me. They pulled out
because they felt the nature of the conversations were
unethical, I would suggest the nature of this activity was
unlawful and corrupt.

Cllr Lowe moved ward, was previously an Oakham South
East Cllr.. New candidates were being instructed to stand
in Oakham South East to prevent my election.

I have also received an email from a Travis Perkins
employee who informs me Cllr Adam Lowe makes many
telephone calls to fellow Councillors from Travis Perkins
plotting my downfall.

Cllr Lowe tells me this person is slandering him and
will be notifying the police.

Cllr Alan Walters a former town Councillor and current
Rutland County Councillor volunteered the fact he was aware of the
telephone calls even admitting at some point he been involved
with some of the telephone calls and states he took no part in the
corruption and stopped making calls after the period of purdah had started.

I believe the corrupt actions of those Oakham Town Councillors
prevented a democratic election from happening and the result
is a council made up of nine unopposed Councillors who have no
mandate from the people of Oakham.

From

Martin Brookes
13 Willow Crescent
Oakham
Rutland
LE15 6EQ