Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pete Burrows – Parish Council Election Candidate 2015 North Luffenham

Vote for Pete Burrows – Parish Council Election Candidate 2015

Pete Burrows

I came to North Luffenham parish in 1982, living at the camp when posted here by the RAF, moving into the village itself when I bought a house on Deweys Close in 1986.

North Luffenham has been considered “home” since then, and my links to the village have always been retained over the years, including during several periods of working abroad.

Based in the village for the last 13 years, I have been working from home as an IT consultant for various large companies around the world.

I have represented the village with comments regarding the installation of Fibre Broadband via Local Radio (BBC Radio Leicester and Rutland Radio)


The Luffenham Home Workers group was started by Wayne Bishop and myself in 2012, and we have been working on the Parish Council Web Site committee this year, advising on Web site policies and options.

In a less high tech role I’m the Membership Secretary and a Vice President of the village cricket club.

Aims:

My aim, if elected, would be to make the Parish Council more transparent, inclusive, and representative of all views in the village.

I’d like to speed up the Parish Council processes and modernise the Parish Council working practices.

Why Vote?

You might question why you should vote at the forthcoming Parish Council election – does it matter who is on it? Doesn’t the Parish Council only deal with dog mess and street lights?

At this election I’d encourage you to vote (even if not for me). It’s the first contested Parish Council election for 20 years and so you have an opportunity to have your voice heard. You will probably be in the polling booth for the General Election anyway and so it’s not even an extra journey!

The next Parish Council will also have some major spending decisions to make, as funding for Play Areas and Recreation linked to the new Rosewood Development is made available. I’d like to ensure the money is spent on items supported by the majority of the village and provide something of substance for the villagers to be proud of for many years to come.

Promoted by Pete Burrows of

15 Lyndon Road
North Luffenham
Oakham
Rutland
LE15 8JZ