Saturday, May 16, 2015

To Cllr Stan Stubbs Open Letter Regarding Respect and Other Comments

Dear Cllr Stan Stubbs

Open Letter Regarding Respect and Other Comments

At the start of my first meeting you told me I owed Oakham Town an apology, You
also stated I had caused problems for Oakham Town Council going back some ten
years.

I would like to point out I have lived in Oakham for less than 10 years.

Problems I have endured from old and some current members started in 2009, six years ago.

Some of the conduct was described by the District Judge as "Homophobic Crude
and Crass"

So please do not ask me to apologise for my reaction to such appalling conduct.

You went on to state I must earn respect. Have you not read the code of conduct
adopted by our Council. I suggest you refer to the following before repeating
your comment again.


1.4 The Code is based on the following standards which incorporate the principles of Standards In Public Life, i.e.

Selflessness
Integrity
Objectivity
Accountability
Openness
Honesty
Leadership
Respect


You also said I should not blog, why?

Do you make the same request of Cllr Joyce Lucas who writes a column regularly in the
Rutland Times.

Often the content is similar to that of a blogger, listing her activities and she has been
very critical of Rutland County Council and other matters that concern her.

I suggest you are not a fan of Openness or Accountability.

I trust the first meeting lecture was the last and we can all work together
to improve the role and workings of our lovely little town council

From

Martin