Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Vote for Barry Read – Parish Council Election Candidate 2015 North Luffenham

Vote for Barry Read – Parish Council Election Candidate 2015

My name is Barry Read, and I am puttng myself forward for election to the Parish Council.

I have lived in the village for over 7 years, and have run my own business for many years. I am Chairman of the Rutland Citizens Advice Bureau in Oakham, and very heavily involved in the future of the county, and the recommendations for developing the “Good Neighbourhood Scheme”

I spent 2 years as a Parish Councillor, but resigned as I felt the Council was re-active, when it should be pro-active.

I believe that with new councillors joining, the time is right to look after and care for the future of the village.

I would recommend that the Council appoints each councillor to look after a ”ward” of some 40 houses, and meet regularly with the house owners, and feedback their findings/comments at future Parish Council meetings.

We have considerable funds within the Parish Council, and these, together with support from The Village Trust should be spent wisely on improving the village.

I also feel we should have a “village plan”, that not only looks at the next 10 years within the village, but plans financially for the future, bearing in mind the needs of the village community, both young and old.

Promoted by Barry Read of

19 Digby Drive
North Luffenham
Oakham
Rutland
LE15 8JS