Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Co-options Oakham Town Council 6 Applicants including Ex Oakham Mayor Jim Harrison

Co-options Oakham Town Council 6 Applicants including Ex Oakham Mayor Jim Harrison

A ex Mayor who was named in court as a person who was involved in a campaign of
harassment against me has applied to be considered for co-option.

Mr Harrison used to also circulate emails and photographs of me to councillors
staff at Rutland County Council and Melton Borough Council "for laughs"

Reading the content of the emails he sent it is very clear to me he does not like me.

This comment has always concerned me he distributed this whilst he was serving as
a councillor.

 " 'Brookes' I hate the bastard with a vengeance",

Mr Harrison was also named in messages sent by a Rutland Cabs employee
as a supporter along with ex Cllr Maureen Dodds of the foul homophobic hate campaign
which the late Philip Quinton was convicted of.

Today I asked the Clerk Richard White how I should handle this from a legal
perspective, due to my predetermination before the vote?

Legal advice can be given to the council from the LRALC normally this is
requested by the Clerk and the prefered route of the LRALC

The Clerk does not want to assist and has asked me to contact them
direct for advice.

I sensed a strong feeling of fear coming from the Clerk.

If the advice is I should not take part in the voting process the council
is going to have a difficult evening in July.

There are six candidates and three seats in two wards and due to the absolute majority
rule the successful candidates need at least five votes to win the seat
so we could be in for a long night as there are only nine voters if all Councillors
turn up.

There is some hope and that refers to Mr Harrison's application,
unlike the other other candidates, he has not named the wards
he wishes to be considered for, he simply requests to be co-opted onto
the council. The Clerk is checking the legality of that.