Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Oakham Mayor Cllr Alf Dewis deliberately misinterpreted my proposal by obfuscating and avoiding a full and thorough audit.


Dear all,

I have reviewed the video of the meeting held on the 8th July 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YiZdBkG6bg

At this meeting Cllr Adam Lowe asked for someone to propose that auditors are called in to
conduct an audit.

I proposed a "full and thorough audit" it was very clear

The Mayor Cllr Dewis entered in a  discussion about the high costs of that.
at no point did anyone support that view or opinion.
He then said there is a proposal on the table, then he deliberately misinterpreted
my proposal by obfuscating and avoiding a full and thorough audit.

So this means the outcome was a deliberate misdirection which clearly implies a degree
of cover up, avoidance of proper scrutiny.

This also makes the draft minutes are inaccurate.

Once again this points to another example of why I have no confidence in
our Mayor / Chairman, who has once again wasted taxpayers money on
a fool's errand.

I believe due to the Mayor altering my proposal tabled there is not a
lawful resolution to employ Streets Accountants to carry out a
review.


at one point during the discussion Cllr Blanksby said
"they wont be telling us anything we don't already know" referring to Streets
and a simple review.