Thursday, August 13, 2015

The problem with Oakham Town Council The invisible bench

The problem with Oakham Town Council























There are many problems

Dishonest Mayor
Homophobic Deputy
and egotistic old guard.
Bullying

Accounting failures

And not really being interested in our town.

Many times I hear Councillors stating incorrectly things like

Cllr Joyce Lucas "No one lives in Mill Street"

Cllr Dave Blanksby "Where is Flores House"  (answer just across the road
from the offices of Oakham Town Council)

Cllr Blanksby turned up for a committee meeting this week
and sat at the table, when questioned about his attendance
because he was not a member of the committee he responded
with "I don't read anything" this is not the first time this has
been obviously the case.


At this weeks planning sub committee. Councillors told me
there was no bench outside the Citizens Advice in Gaol
Street. This building is also just across the road from the
council office.

Cllr Paul Mills joked perhaps you should spend less time
in Cutts Close. I think he was trying to make a point about
the recent unpleasant incident involving Mr Waddington
an old friend of the council's?

I could not of the top of my head tell you how many benches
of other pieces of street furniture Oakham Town Council
owns but I would notice if something was removed or
destroyed as was the case of the silver jubilee bench destroyed
by order of Cllr Joyce Lucas BEM.


Also after the planning sub committee Cllr Vince Howard
felt it appropriate to raise the matter of a email I had sent
stating if Cllr Dave Blanksby was to chair the committee
meeting in his absence I would not attend.

I sent the email because for some odd reason Cllr Blanksby
circulated an email saying he was resigning from a working
group and blamed me and said he could not work with me.
Odd because, apart from tolerating Cllr Blanksby rudeness
I have not really had a problem with him.
In the council chamber he forgot he was being recorded
by the council. He lied and said he never sent the odd
email. I reminded him later that he was recorded being
forgetful or other and received the following shortly after.



Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 10:09 AM
From: "Dave Blanksby"
To: "Martin Brookes"
Subject: Re: Communication via email

Hi Martin,

After looking at my email on resigning from the Sub Planning & Fitness Centre. 
I must apologise for using you as a excuse for resigning. 
In the future I will contact you directly.

Best Regards

Dave B 


Later on Cllr Vince Howard spoke to me and quite frankly I am
fed up with being told I should put up with the childish conduct
of many of our Oakham Town Councillors. It was put to me in
a way once again that their childish conduct should be accepted
and if I find it annoying it is my own fault. Sometimes I find it
hard to believe I am part of what is described as local government.