Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Oakham Town Council Informal Meeting 8th September 2015

Oakham Town Council Informal Meeting 8th September 2015

This Oakham town councillors met informally to discuss restructuring.

I did not receive any information before this meeting because our Mayor
Cllr Alf Dewis discriminates against me by refusing to communicate
with me. I challenged him about this and he was not willing to discuss
his reason in front of other Councillors.

It was decided this evening, against the national association of local
council guidance, to form three new (sub)committees made up
of only six Councillors on each out of a total of twelve councillors.

During the discussions to come to this informal agreement we were
also asked to decide how many times a year these committees should
meet. I questioned this because we do not know the terms of reference
for those committees or what decisions they will be making.
I was told I was wrong to suggest this.

The Parish of Dibley is starting to look like a well oiled and efficient
body in comparison to this crowd.

The main problem is they don't want me on the council, some
Councillors told me so.

I can only assume the forming of these small committees will result
in further exclusion of myself and anyone else who wants a properly
run council.

At the last full council meeting all the working groups were
scrapped and reformed with slightly different names and I was
excluded from all.

Cllr Michael Haley is probably going to soon be follow in
the footsteps of ex Cllr blanksby after he raised a sensible suggestion,
one which I have raised since 2010. he suggested the implementation
of a strategic plan would be good and stop some of the bad public
perception of the council.

The Mayor Cllr Dewis said they had tried this is the past but had
not succeeded in implementing one due to undescribed complications?

I can think of no reason why Oakham Town Council can not produce
a basic plan for the limited work and responsibilities it undertakes -
other than perhaps Cllr Dewis's incompetence or lack of intellect.

If the Council can not produce a basic plan is that not a sign
that it does not have the ability to do anything properly.

Towards the end of our informal meeting I had a discussion with
Cllr Hearn who thinks exclusion is democracy and told her what
I thought about her conduct complaint against me in which she
falsely accuses me of criminal trespass and says I am a liar
dishonest and untrustworthy, not bad from a fruit cake who has
only met me about three times. I wont bore readers with all
the details of what was said she appeared to record me calling
her a nut case. Which in my capacity as a human being knowing
her lemming like instinct I believe there may be some truth
in what I said. Especially when I think back to her co-option
interview when she rather nurotically told us all she had been diagnosed that
her fear of public speaking was greater than her fear of death.

All the spare time Councillor are creating for me can be
put to good use by acquiring signatures for the petition to trigger a
community governance review, with the aim to seek the abolition
of this sorry parish council.

The Councillors chose to be blind and deaf to the wider
public opinion of them.

This has been obvious at the last two elections when no one
new is willing to stand. resulting in part of the council being
uncontested and the rest co-opted from people the majority
approve or know within their self selecting circle. So it
is not surprising newly co-opted Cllrs like Mrs Hearn have
no understanding of true democracy.


Community Governance Review To Abolish Oakham Town Council