Thursday, September 03, 2015

Oakham Town Councillors Lack of Commitment

Oakham Town Councillors Lack of Commitment

I won't say I was surprised to hear this morning a Town  Councillor
asking the Assistant Clerk not to bother sending them next weeks
agenda and supporting documents.

The Assistant Clerk correctly said she has to send them.

The Councillor concerned is going away on holiday, so I can
understand the need to put council business on pause, but
not totally ignore it is a little odd.

Next week there are a few important policy matters on the
agenda so you expect a Councillor to want to know what
was going on.

The same Councillor has told me they are a person who
expects people to bring them the solution and not the problem.
Thank goodness not all councillors think that way.

The lack of commitment is common at Oakham Town Council
I often wonder why some members are even Councillors.
Remembering the days when our deputy Mayor used to tear
up the council papers as the meeting progressed until he found
I had recorded him doing it.