Monday, December 21, 2015

Cllr John Kennedy Oakham North West Resigns from Oakham Town Council

Cllr John Kennedy Oakham North West Resigns from Oakham Town Council





John Kennedy has announced his resignation on his Facebook page this afternoon.

He blames his resignation on a barrage of emails and one unnamed Councillor
who he claims is undermining the good work of other Councillors.

I doubt this is the true reason the man is a tough man and I found him quite
pleasant when he attended his first and only meeting.

He was elected in November the election although a necessary process of
democracy it cost Oakham taxpayers thousands of pounds. You would expect
a persons who stands in a election would be slightly more committed.



As of today, I have tendered my immediate resignation from Oakham Town Council. The actions of one councillor is trying to undermine the great work being carried out by the many and I can no longer tolerate the constant barrage of emails he keeps sending out, despite being asked to stop.
Although no longer a councillor, I will continue to offer the majority any help I can and through my Neighbourhood watch group, will be available to offer support for others wishing to set up groups. Thank you to all who voted for me, I'm sorry I didn't stay very long, but I hope you will understand. I will delete this group in January 2016.


Further comment on-line would suggest John is referring to me.

John Kennedy Allegations of bullying are being referred to above. I must state publicly here and now, although I was only on the council a very short time, I did not experience bullying of any kind from Cllrs Dewis, Lowe, Stubbs, Lucas, Elliot or Hayley. i only received great support from them all and also from Richard White, the clerk and his assistant Alison. One cllr though tried to disrupt everything, in meetings, emails etc, almost like a naughty schoolboy. HE should resign and hold his head in shame!! HE is the reason I resigned, not bullies elsewhere in the group!! For the record, Adam Lowe, is one of the nicest, most helpful and friendly men I have ever know. He is constantly bullied by the disruptive councillor, making very serious accusations against him and three other ex cllrs. The Police were involved, but decided the accusations were not quite serious enough for a successful legal action to be taken, but were not far off. There have been some legal actions taken against him, without success, but one time he will overstep the mark enough and will hopefully feel the wrath of the courts.