Monday, December 21, 2015

Oakham Mayor Ladies & Gentlemen A serious allegation has been made about the possible misappropriation of Council funds

The Bullies at Oakham Town Council are leaping into action. I believe this is because they
anticipate the content of the report to be released by The Anti Corruption Unit of Leicestershire
Police.

I am told the costly investigation into numerous conduct complaints made when
I returned to the council this year is not going well either.
Rutland County Council has spent thousands of pounds dealing with conduct complaints
and has appointed a firm of solicitors to investigate.

One of our new Councillors who I wont name here has told me this weekend that they
have withdrawn there complaints made when they were new to the council, when asked
to give an explanation they say they told the investigator that they have observed since
joining the council continuous bullying. They have sadly told me they have experienced
the same bullying and if I had waited a little longer they would have supported my
motion of no confidence in the Chairman Cllr Alf Dewis.

Fortunately this Councillor is tough, like all the new Cllrs who want to see change
and progress at Oakham Town Council. The old guard Cllr Dewis, Lowe, Lucas and
Stubbs are not very pleased with the positive constructive change the new members
are bringing to the council. Some new Councillors have given up along the way like
Dave Blanksby who was the first Councillor to mention the bullying in his resignation letter.

Regarding the false allegation made by Cllr Lowe, I have asked the Clerk to make this an
agenda item for the first meeting of 2016 January 13th  I deny the allegation of theft and expect
Mr Lowe to withdraw it at the meeting or for the police to be called to investigate
his allegation.


A second email from Cllr Adam Lowe Our Deputy

Cllr Brookes

I deliberately did not copy in all the Cllrs as that way I am not trying to embarrass you.

I cannot believe that your really thing your actions on giving Council money away was acceptable, on the day I was not really paying that much attention to you as it was a busy time, I do not agree that vendor money should have been given away regardless of how worthwhile you feel a charity is, if any other Cllr had done this you would be blogging their actions as inappropriate. You also did act of your own back and there was not a formal Council meeting to ratify your actions. Me saying yes fine the van can park there doe not mean I knew what you did with the money.

I will not embarrass ##### and her good causes because of your stupidity and I will give you the opportunity to pay the money back to the Council.

On the day several stall holders thanked me and the Council for facilitating the event, I was not present when you handed money to ##### so that connection to me is a complete blank.

I will not make a standards complaint as that is for the Chairman to decide in actual fact.

I will not sit by and allow any Cllr to flaunt the rules, exactly the same as you when you identify an issue.

The choice is yours to make amends, pay back the £25 that is owed to the Council.



Email received this morning from Cllr Alf Dewis

Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 at 6:00 AM
From: "Alf Dewis"
To: "adamfromoakham@yahoo.co.uk" , "Michael Haley" , "Jasmine Hopkins" , "vincehoward5@aol.com" , "lucashackgreen@aol.com" , "lukestan8@gmail.com" , "michaelelliott2009@googlemail.com" , "cllrjmkennedy@outlook.com" , "martinbrookes@politician.com"
Cc: "Richard White"
Subject: Serious Allegation


Ladies and Gentlemen

A serious allegation has been made about the possible misappropriation of Council funds and I would appreciate that you restrain yourselves from making any further comments about this allegation for the moment. Just because I have not leapt to email should not be construed that I am unaware of the situation or that I am not doing anything.  An email battle will not help and will only raise the temperature when cool heads are required.  I will be meeting with Richard this morning following which I will notify you of the action that I intend to take.  
Regards
Alf


I sent  a Marie Curie fundraiser a message about the fun day donation shown below with her response.

Hi do you remember how much money the ice cream man donated to your charity. Adam is saying I stole it!

The fund raiser responded in two messages:

I think it was £35.00 and I can remember saying thank you to Adam......What a horrible thing to do, if you need us just pop round

Just spoke to #####, she remembers it too. She is going to write a note on Marie Curie headed paper and pop it round tomorrow. £35.00 rings a bell and she remembers me saying thank you to Adam as well.



My Agenda Item Request

Dear Richard 
 
Please accept my request for the following agenda item for the next meeting.
 
I note Cllr Adam Lowe has sent you and myself a serious allegation which I feel needs to be considered by
full council.
 
 
Agenda Item:
 
Alledged Theft of Public Money by Cllr Martin Brookes.
 
A councillor has made an allegation about Councillor Martin Brookes conduct and stated he has stolen public money
which if found to be true contravenes the Theft Act 1968.
 
The allegation can be seen in an email sent to Cllr Martin Brookes and the Town Clerk
Richard White on Sunday December 20th 2015 at 12:25pm
 
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 12:25 PM
From: "Adam Lowe"
To: "Martin Brookes"
Cc: "Richard White"
Subject: Re: Civic Service Cllr Mucas
Cllr Brookes

I am not going to discuss bullying as you clearly have issues there and I feel you need professional help.

However you have confirmed that your actions at the Fun Day involved an act of theft.

The Council money from the ice-cream van was not yours to give away, that was public money.

You have broken the law and I am obliged to abide by the rules and regulations that accompany the role as a Councillor and in particular as the Deputy Chairman of Oakham Town Council.

I have always tried to act as best as I can in regard toward yourself despite your continued personal attacks against myself , however I will not turn a blind or tolerate theft of public money by anyone.

Cllr Brookes as you have admitted your actions in regard to this public money then I will have to report this to the appropriate authorities and standards board as you have clearly abused your position as a Councillor by taking public money as your own and giving it away, the recipient is irrelevant.

I shall also inform the Clerk and Chairman and seek advice as to the consequence of such actions.


Adam Lowe


Cllr Adam Lowe Oakham Town Council
 
 
Comment:
 
On the Fun Day mentioned I believe my actions were carried out with with no objections from any member of this council.
I did not commit the alleged act of theft. 
 
The arragment was agreed to support Marie Curie efforts on the day as it was felt the vendor should not be permitted
to freely trade in the park because others who had paid had failed to show.
 
Due to the serious nature of the allegation, I would like members to consider if it is appropriate for the police to be notified.
If their investigations find this allegation to be false then I request the person who has made the allegation
considers their position on this council.
 
I have shared an email with all members which explained my actions on the day.
If members wishes to ask any questions of me, I am am more than happy to answer ​those questions now.
 
 
Proposal:
 
Members to decide if the police should be notified and asked to carry out an investigation into the
alleged theft of public money by Cllr Martin Brookes.



Sunday, December 20, 2015

Accused of Theft by Cllr Adam Lowe Oakham Deputy Mayor Oakham Town Council Supporting Marie Curie

Today I received an email from our deputy Mayor Cllr Adam Lowe which contains quite
a serious allegation and probably one of his worse to date.

Back in the summer Oakham Town Council organised a Fun Day in Cutts Close

Mr Lowe this weekend decided to raise some questions relating to that event.
I pointed out some facts which included all stalls accept his raised money for charity,
his raised money to cover his own personal costs.

On the same day the council had booked a coffee van and ice cream van which
pay a very low few. Both decided to attend other more lucrative events held on the
day and were happy to lose their fees being paid to Oakham Town Council,
this left some public with no ice cream. Although a friend of mine had personally given
me money to buy a few hundred ice creams from Tesco. A few pounds go a long way at
Tesco when it comes to buying ice cream, it was not enough for everyone so I asked a number of Councillors if it  would be OK to let another Ice cream seller into the park who was willing to give a generous donation to charity? No one objected and Marie Curie were pleased to benefit from the
arrangement, the cash donation was handed over to them immediately. All adding to
the fun of the day.

I find Cllr Lowes false allegation of theft disgraceful and upsetting.

How much further will the old guard stoop?

Does Mr Lowe want me to ask Marie Curie to give the council the donation?
I don't remember how much it was perhaps Adam can remember?



Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 12:25 PM

From: "Adam Lowe" 
To: "Martin Brookes" 
Cc: "Richard White" 

Cllr Brookes

I am not going to discuss bullying as you clearly have issues there and I feel you need professional help.

However you have confirmed that your actions at the Fun Day involved an act of theft.

The Council money from the ice-cream van was not yours to give away, that was public money.

You have broken the law and I am obliged to abide by the rules and regulations that accompany the role as a Councillor and in particular as the Deputy Chairman of Oakham Town Council.

I have always tried to act as best as I can in regard toward yourself despite your continued personal attacks against myself , however I will not turn a blind or tolerate theft of public money by anyone.

Cllr Brookes as you have admitted your actions in regard to this public money then I will have to report this to the appropriate authorities and standards board as you have clearly abused your position as a Councillor by taking public money as your own and giving it away, the recipient is irrelevant.

I shall also inform the Clerk and Chairman and seek advice as to the consequence of such actions.


Adam Lowe


Cllr Adam Lowe Oakham Town Council