Thursday, December 10, 2015

Oakham Town Council Meeting 10th December 2015

Oakham Town Council Meeting 10th December 2015



Last full council meeting of 2015

This was marked by a Christmas wake held after the meeting organised by
Cllr Joyce Lucas and attended by few.

Cllr Lucas asked "I hope I am not being bloody recorded" as she proposed a toast
to Oakham Town Council which in her opinion has suffered a lot of negativity this
year. At this point I had no glass in hand so I raised my last portion of quiche and
then promptly stuck it in my mouth, to avoid making any comment in the direction
of Cllr Joyce Lucas.

Christmas music was provided by new Cllr John Kennedy via his mobile

I did not stop to see the end of the party.

The recording stops before the last few items were considered. Those items were to
do with the finance and I raised another concern about unauthorised spending
a payment of £1000 for sponsorship was paid to Oakham Town Partnership without it being
brought to full council for approval.

The meeting was extended by 30 minutes and a number of items were deferred to
a future meeting. I think mainly to accommodate Cllr Lucas who just said at the beginning
of the meeting "come on lets get it over with"