Thursday, January 14, 2016

Oakham Deputy Mayor Cllr Adam Lowe Storms Out Of Meeting After Question About Expenditure Video

Oakham Deputy Mayor Cllr Adam Lowe Storms Out Of Meeting After Question About Expenditure



At tonight's meeting I raised a couple of questions and asked for a explanation of listed
expenditure. Cllr Lowe explained two in a very satisfactory way.

Then I started to ask about a number of petty cash payments listed as Christmas Light
Switch on items. Totally around £130.

I wanted to know what was purchased as I had seen mulled wine and was told there
were some mince pies and sweets.

I did not expect the reaction I got from Cllr Adam Lowe. It was shocking. Before
I could finish what I wanted to say Cllr Lowe interrupted and said he was fed up
with me suggesting he was stealing. I had not done that or ever suggested that.
He decided to leave the meeting ranting and as he departed he repeated his allegation
he made against me at Christmas.

After the meeting the Mayor Alf Dewis suggested my unfinished questioning
of the expenditure was implying dishonesty.

This is not the case as a Cllr we are accountable for all public money spent and
I was simply trying to get a break down of some very poor description of expenditure.

Something is very wrong when a Cllr is not permitted to scrutinise how tax payers
money is spent.

At the end of the video a Cllr can be heard laughing out loud I find it difficult to
understand what is funny.