Monday, June 13, 2016

Oakham Mayor Cllr Adam Lowe The Mind Reader Unlawfully Employing Self employed Staff

Oakham Mayor Cllr Adam Lowe The Mind Reader Unlawfully Employing Self employed Staff





As it currently stands Oakham Town Council is set to pay four people to carry out persons
job, The Clerk

We don't know when the Clerk is set to return to work.

We are currently paying for an assistant for to our Assistant Clerk. The law state
a parish council can not employ a self employed person.

At last Wednesdays meeting  (8th June 2016) I raised the issue of an unlawful
payment on the council payment list made to Tracy Halliday and listed as salary.

Although the Chairman Adam Lowe acknowledges this is wrong, the council
is happy that they have broke the law.

Cllr Michael Elliot said HMRC won't come down on the on her but the would
the employer that being the town council.

The Chairman Cllr Adam  Lowe shows no respect for my input at the meeting
and even decided how I was conducted my vote when it came to all members
deciding if the should accept the councils list of payments.

This can be witnessed in the video clip, The Chairman Cllr Lowe also
added I should complain as I always do.

This is not the first time the Chairman of the council has predicted my
vote and instructed the clerk to record the way he thinks I would have
voted. His conduct towards me is bullying and intimidating.

If you watch the whole agenda item it can be found in this
video of the full meeting.

You will then see Cllr Stan Stubbs pointing at me in a disrespectful and
aggressive manner and stating I am just nit picking even though the
council recognises it is unlawfully employing a self employed person.

You will hear despite much provocation throughout the meeting I feel
I remained reasonable calm despite the circumstances.

When I, in despair tried to remind the chairman we are all part of
what is meant to be a Council, you can hear Cllr Vince Howard rather disrespectfully
and repeatedly suggesting I am not part of this council.