Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Oakham Town Council Secret "Operational Order" Obtained by FOI and Lies to Grant Thornton

Oakham Town Council Secret "Operational Order" Obtained by FOI and Lies to Grant Thornton

On the 15th January 2015 at 6pm at the Whipper Inn Oakham Town Council held an illegal meeting of the council. The reason it is illegally is because the law states no council business should be conducted in a licensed premises.

Current Councillors who were at the unlawful meeting according to a former Cllr
were Cllr Adam Lowe, Cllr Joyce Lucas and Cllr Stan Stubbs

The Mayor was attempting to stop my lawful protests which were highlighting the corruption
between the council and the local police and the bully I have been subjected to by members
of the council and former members for many years.

At the same meeting the Councillors discussed plans to prevent me from being elected and what they would do if I was elected in that May.

During the last external audit Oakham Town Council lied to the external auditor Grant Thornton.
In its response Oakham Town Council said the reason for Cllr Alf Dewis's unlawful expenditure was for employment advice. This is a lie because the expenditure was for advice to help Cllr Alf Dewis create a report marked restricted and titled Oakham Town Council "Operational Order"

"Operational Order" is Oakham Town Council a Council or a military organisation?

A former Oakham Town Councillor told me about the report, Cllrs were not permitted to keep copies. I have obtained that report using FOI it has my name redacted, The former town Cllr who resigned because they were uncomfortable with Oakham Town Councils conduct towards me.

The report and secret meetings was an attempt by the council to squash my lawful protests using force.

A former Town Councillor told me that the councils proposals were to be put in place
even if when I was elected. Which I was in May 2015.

Oakham Town Councillors were being asked to secretly approve the employment of two thugs who would sit outside the chamber and would be summoned in by Cllr Alf Dewis to remove me from the chamber if he felt I was disrupting the meetings, fortunately for some reason this never happened.

Also as part of my freedom of information request I learnt that Rutland County Council had
recommended the thugs (security company)

I was also aware from a public report that said Leicestershire Police Inspector Lou Cordiner now Chief Inspector had been involved with Cllr Alf Dewis's plans. It is confirmed in the restricted report that a police inspector was involved.

My main concern is the conduct of some members of Oakham Town Council and the level it was willing to stoop to stop lawful protest by a member(s) of the public. And its willingness to interfere
with the democratic process of elections. It does not surprise me that the local police or Rutland County Council were supporting Cllr Dewis's plans.

Fortunately my objection to the external auditor was upheld and Cllr Dewis resigned for his
unlawful conduct disgracefully described by the current Mayor Cllr Lowe as a simple mistake. Only last week I was intimidated by Cllrs Lowe and Haley regarding the cost to the tax payer for this successful finding. I was filmed and accused by Cllr Lowe of harassing Cllr Dewis.
I think it is an utter disgrace that these bullies support the unlawful conduct of ex Cllr Dewis.

Oakham Town Council has also told me there is no written communications available
between them and the Doncaster security company recommended by Rutland County Council.

Oakham Town Council also tell me the company failed to co-operate with the council after Cllr Dewis and then Cllr Jayne Woodcock had called them. That is not surprising really.

Doncaster would suggest to me Helen Briggs the Chief Executive of Rutland County Council
has some involvement in that recommendation.