Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Former Cllr John Nowell Oakham Town Council Leicester Police Uphold Complaint and to review breach of the Localism Act

Former Cllr John Nowell Oakham Town Council Leicester Police Uphold Complaint and to review breach of the Localism Act.

When I reported the former Cllrs breach of the Localism Act. it came as no
surprise to me that Rutland Councils Conduct Monitors chose to do nothing.

I decided to contact Leicestershire Police who told me it was nothing to
do with them.

I made a formal complaint and Leicestershire Police have upheld my
complaint.

They readily admit the force had no knowledge or understanding of the
Localism act of 2011.

They inform me they are now working with Cambridgeshire Police
and referring to other local authorities and working with Rutland
County Councils monitoring officer to produce policy and procedures.

Mr Nowell is no longer a Town Council but the police find as I did
that when he was a Town Councillor he may have breached the criminal law
of the Localism Act as shown below, the police have agreed to review
my initial report.

This time around I think Mr Nowell may find it a little difficult to
explain this away by blaming his good wife.

Mr Nowell is currently the treasure and a member of Oakham Town
Partnership and may have been responsible for blocking my appointment.