Sunday, September 25, 2016

Oakham Town Council Planning Sub Committee Meeting Agenda Thursday 29th September 2016 2pm Another Fail

Oakham Town Council Planning Sub Committee Meeting Agenda Thursday 29th September 2016 2pm

Oakham Town Council once again failing the community it is meant to serve.
Because it has no interest in what happens to Oakham it now pushing all planning
application to a planning committee made up of just four members.
After years of requests none of the committee has received any training.
The Council also refuses to notify all members when it meets.
I found out about this Thursday's meeting just by chance.
Some members in the past have complained that Rutland County Council does not
listen to the Town Council. It does not surprise me.

I have written to Rutland County Council Planning to request they send me future
planning application numbers so I can correctly carry out my duties as an Oakham
SE Councillor.

I am not objecting to the new structure of council meetings.

We have another issue, we only have one main meeting a month the next is
not scheduled until October 19th

The issue is we are told it is unlawful to conduct business via email etc outside
of meetings since the last meeting we have already received emails from the
Assistant Clerk Allison Greaves to break the law and conduct council business
via email.

I reminded her that was one of the reasons The Clerk Richard White no longer
works for the council.