Sunday, September 11, 2016

Oakham Town Council Proposing Councillors who Record Meetings Must Sit in the corner of room for health and safety reasons

Oakham Town Council Proposing Councillors who Record Meetings Must Sit in the corner of room for health and safety reasons















This has nothing to do with health and safety it has everything to do with the old guard
led by the bullying Mayor Adam Lowe not wanting meetings recorded.

Most recently I found my recording of meetings very useful when providing evidence
to the monitoring officer. I was able to prove Cllr Stan Stubbs has no respect for me
when he called me a bastard. I was also able to prove Cllr Michael Haley prevented
me from speaking in a meeting.

Ex Mayor Alf Dewis attempted to introduce this standing order just before he resigned
for unlawful conduct. When it was last brought to council it was not approved.

I am hoping the same will happen again.

I have explained why I can not place the camera in the corner of the room, most people
who use digital recording equipment will know there is a time limited for recording
I think if I had to get up every 20 minutes to restart the recording my be considered
disrupting the meeting. I will continue to record at the table and if the council does
decide to accept the Clerks proposal they are going to have a lot of meetings locked
in the office. The way the old guard is currently treating me is beyond stupidty.

I wonder if the residents of Oakham are happy that Oakham Town Council have spent
thousands on cctv equipment and not used it to publish meetings since March of this year?