Monday, October 10, 2016

The Ark Association Ltd Nursery Cllr Michael Haley Exempt Information Published in Oakham Town Council Public Reports Info John Kennedy

The Ark Association Nursery Cllr Michael Haley Exempt Information Published in Oakham Town Council Public Reports

John Kennedy are former Oakham Town Councillor who stopped for one meeting has placed very
costly conduct complaints against me. Joining the merry bunch who are hell bent on excluding me
from serving the community I represent.

The adorable Mr John Kennedy complains that I publish on my blog information contained on a confidential red council paper. As a member of the public how would he know that sort of information. I suggest he stops listening to the deluded bullying Mayor and Co and look at the
facts.

At most meetings Cllr Haley reproduces a poor report on what is described as the Oakham Community Centre in Princess Avenue. It has never been a community centre the council just named it as that for some strange reason.

All the information on my blog regarding the letting to the Ark Association has been discussed
in open meeting long before these public reports were produced.

One meeting item was made exempt and that was to agree the rent and I can assure readers that
the Ark Association are not paying anywhere near the amount disclosed in this weeks report.

Michael Haley has disclosed a confidential matter in his report because the £12,000 rent he refers
to is for the second year.

I am wonder who gives a new leaseholder keys before contracts have been exchanged and leases agreed. The answer Oakham Town Council.

Oakham Town Council have not even appointed a solicitor to check anything out.

I would like to know if the deeds for the land we hold in trust for Oakham residents permit
us to lease this property for no fee to an commercial organisation for 99 years and what has been
put in place to prevent the Arch Association selling on the lease for profit. So far the Council has
given me no reassurance. Just a flippant response from the Chairman and Michael at the meeting
that the Arch Association will not be permitted to sublet.

I am told the land which is known as Royce Recreation Ground was given to the resident of Oakham for sports and recreational purposes only.

It is unfortunate for the likes of John Kennedy and Oakham Town Councils old guard my role as a Councillor is to see the council is carrying out due process and in this case I don't believe they are.
Is the Ark Association drawing up their own lease?

At Wednesday's meeting I will be asking Oakham Town Council to appoint a solicitor ASAP
before anything is signed, I am shocked at the slack nature of the way Cllr Haley and the council are handling this matter.

When the council attempts to hide behind exempt on matters like this it only leads sme to believe tare doing something wrong they did the same with the Woodland Trust Car Park when they asked us not let people know about a covenant.

What I will also be asking in Wednesday is when did the council agree part of the rent agreement would no longer be exempt?

Why do they keep referring to the Ark Association Ltd as the Ark Nursery in reports and meetings
when they have been told that name is a registered name of another company not connected to
the Ark Association Ltd

The first entry in the report shows figures dream't up by Cllr Michael Haley to make members
feel the use of the building for a community centre  was affordable, all the figures end in zeros leading me and others to believe they are just made up.

Who charges £5000 a year to hold a key? and where did the figure for £4000 a year cleaning come from.

When I returned to the Council last year I supported Cllr Lucas's proposal for a much needed
community centre and I want to know what change her mind.

The first time the Ark Association approached the council she publicly said the town did not
need any more spaces and those words seem to ring true if what we read in the paper is true
the possible closure of Catmose Nursery because it is not financially viable.