Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Oakham Town Council Advert For New Clerk Meeting 9th November 2016

Oakham Town Council Advert For New Clerk Meeting 9th November 2016

This is a fine example of how stupid those who are running Oakham Town Council
are when this item was previously consider on the 12th October it was a confidential
exempt item.

The minutes for the meeting don't even show the resolution of council as
it was deemed confidential.

The council quotes acts when it excludes public and press but fails to point to
the exact part of the act.

So I am most likely breaching the councils code of conduct when I let the public
know this item was deferred to this weeks meeting.

I am slightly confused as to why at the end of that meeting the Mayor Cllr Adam
Lowe told me the item was still confidential and so was his report.

Confused because he has duplicated the confidential report and published it on
the public agenda.

A council considering an employment advert does not warrant the exclusion of
the public and press.

It is my opinion it was actually unlawful for the council to exempt the item at
the last meeting.

I also find it annoying that a lot of time was spent on this item and Cllr Lowe
as normal has ignored any of the recommendations agreed by members and
simply represents his original proposal. Very much like the Christmas tree
saga.

I wonder which cllr or ex cllr will be daft enough to waste even more public
money and send a conduct complaint to Rutland County Council because
I have also reproduced in the public domain.


The only thing that pleases me about this is the council since the resignation
of the clerk finally recognises the job is not a full-time position and the wage
bill is to be cut drastically.