Saturday, November 05, 2016

What Is Oakham Town Council Hiding? I am disappointed as a Cllr I have to resort to outside organisations to obtain documents I am entitled to receive

What Is Oakham Town Council Hiding? I am disappointed as a Cllr I have to resort to outside organisations to obtain documents I am entitled to receive.

For over two months now Oakham Town Council has once again refused to provide me with
a copy of the internal auditors report.

They have ignored the external auditors recent comments and have failed to bring the
report to full council for consideration.

I ask what are the hiding?

I have made a request via.



I was also asked the other day if Oakham Town Council can only budget for its needs
each year. why at this stage of the year is it holding hundreds of thousands of pounds in
its current account.

I have not yet asked the council that question.

Even though our standing orders permit one Cllrs question per meeting we are no longer permitted
to ask questions. Cllrs questions have been removed from the agenda. I wonder if the PM wishes she
could abolish PM questions?

By January we must set a budget for 2017 - 2018 we have two meetings before then
and so far all my emails regarding the budget have been ignored.

The finance working group led by the deputy Mayor Cllr Michael Haley have failed
to produce a single report for council over the last 8 months.

A budget should be agreed and set by all members of the council, I recently found that
this should not include the Clerk they are just responsible for producing the document.
More surprisingly the law permits the electors of the parish to be involved in the setting
of the councils budget. I can't see Oakham Town Council ever agreeing to any involvement
from those it claims to represent.