Thursday, September 14, 2017

Small Girls Hits Head in Oakham Park

Small Girls Hits Head in Oakham Park


























For a very long time I have been complaining about the councils
reactive approach to maintenance in its parks.

I am often told if something happened its not a problem
because the council is insured,

This morning a small girl fell a hit her head in Cutts Close
Her mum has provided photographs and has asked how she
can make a claim against Oakham Town Council.

Only at last nights council meeting I attempted to raise the
shabby state of our play areas.

The Clerk reported at last nights meeting another swing has
been removed in my opinion due to neglect.
she also reported 'An inspection of the three parks took place
today, Once the office has received this report. members will
be sent a copy.'

I asked if it could be a agenda item I am not sure my request
was noted another member said I could not give the clerk
an instruction, to me proving the council members are
not interested in the health and safety of the public who
use our parks. I simply made a request, I did not give an
instruction.
The same idiot of a Councillor also proposed an amendment
in to the  motion of no confidence in the chairman should be changed to
a Vote of No confidence in me. I can not tell you the result of the motion
as it was an exempt item.

The report the clerk refers to does not extend to areas that do
not contain play equipment.

I would like to see Oakham Town Council take more responsibility
and we should have a proper schedule of maintenance agrred by
all members. So we can bring our parks up to a standard we once
enjoyed.