Sunday, October 08, 2017

Cllr Michael Haley Oakham Town Council Chairman’s report for October 2017 Council meeting

Chairman’s report for October 2017 Council meeting

During September, I have attended a number of developer and land agent
presentations made to the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group. Details,
along with other SG activities can be found on the Oakham Neighbourhood
Plan web site.

13 September
On the invitation of Oakham in Bloom, I attended the annual East Midlands in
Bloom competition award ceremony, held in St Botolph’s Church, Boston. A
full report can be found on the OTC web ‘News’ page.

15 September
I attended the Allotment Society annual Presentation evening.

23 September
On the invitation of the Area and local managers and accompanied by Cllrs
Ind, Lowe and Buxton, I opened the new Cost Cutter store in Oakham. Cllr
Lowe wrote a press release, together with photographs that was published in
local newspapers.

26 September
I held a meeting with Mr G Grimes, RCC’s Independent Person, in advance of
producing the Conciliation process agenda paper for the October Council
meeting.

27 September
I attended the Rutland Local Strategic Partnership Board meeting. Minutes of
the meeting will be circulated in due course.

28 September
Along with other members, I attended the RCC Planning training event.