Thursday, November 09, 2017

Oakham Town Council Meeting Filming Issues

Oakham Town Council Meeting Filming Issues

Before the meeting started, The Clerk Allison Greaves, told me that her union says when I video record and publish meetings of our meetings, I am harassing her. She said she does not mind audio
recording but as it was her place of work she has a right not to be filmed.

The law states the council can not tell anyone what or how they can film meetings.

I told the clerk perhaps she should not work in public office if she does not want people to
see her.

Oakham Town Council has spent thousands on its own equipment but we are told it is faulty???
and that is why they don't comply with the law which requires them to publish at least an audio
recording on their website.

Oakham Town Council has always objected to me recording meetings and attempted to make
it difficult for me to do. They changed standing orders stating all recording equipment must
be placed on a table in the corner of the room. My camera is attached to my laptop and as I
am now paperless I need my laptop on the table in front of me. Members raise the breach
of the standing order every week.

The Chairman of LRALC who is now a Rutland County Councillor tells me he had the same issue
at his parish council.

The publication of last nights recordings will be delayed for another reason.