Thursday, November 16, 2017

Oakham Town Council Staffing Committee Meeting The Reason Gemma Hughes Resigned

Oakham Town Council Staffing Committee Meeting The Reason Gemma Hughes Resigned.

Today Oakham Town Council held a staffing committee meeting made up of the Clerks 'friends'
her description not mine.

Cllr Anne Skipworth was late not her fault, some one had locked the main door to Victoria
Hall this has not happened for a while. The council does not understand the meaning of public
meetings.

The meeting started well until Cllr Anne Skipworth appeared to forgot the meeting was public
and being recorded.

She stated why the fairly new office assistant Gemma Hughes had resigned, she said is was
because she was unhappy with her pay and hours.

The Council is not meant to discuss employment matters in public so I was surprised to hear
Cllr Skipworth's comment. I pointed this out to the chairman Cllr Haley who did not want to
hear me and proposed a vote to move the meeting into the locked office.

I was excluded unlawfully. Cllr Peter Ind Proposed the meeting was moved to the office
standing orders where not followed and members did not vote to exclude me. Cllr Haley
was the only member who supported Cllr Peter Ind's unlawful proposal.

I went outside and found the door was locked again. I opened it to find a member
of the public outside who wanted to attend the meeting. He looked into the office
window and the Clerk Allison Greaves shut the blinds.

I had a chat with the resident who raised similar concerns as I have.

Why has the council not involved itself in the consultation process for the Town Centre
2018 project.

Why is it Langham Council can fully respond to planning applications and Oakham Town
Council does not?

I would say because some are not interested.

It was our chairman Cllr Michael who decided we should not be interested in Rutland County
Councils major plans for our town,

I have not said anything about this since now. I fully support the residents who are seeking
advice on how they can abolish Oakham Town Council.

Oakham Town Council is a pointless costly local authority that does nothing for the community
and I fully support their call not mine this time for the council to be abolished.

The Chairman Cllr Michael Haley who is described by nearly all members as a 'arse hole' should resign for letting the town down.