Friday, October 26, 2012

Sarah Russell, Labour, Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland police and crime commissioner election.


Three people are contesting the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland police and crime commissioner election. Here is what Sarah Russell (Labour) has to say.



Sarah Russell (Labour)

I’m standing to be Leicestershire and Rutland’s first Police and Crime Commissioner as I believe I have the skills and experience to make this new role work for the people of the force area.
As an assistant mayor for Leicester City Council I am responsible for a £32m budget, lead on community safety, anti-social behaviour and policing issues, chair the city Community Safety Partnership and am part of the Police Strategic Partnership Board for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
I’m proud of my track record of working with the police and other partners to deliver real improvements for local communities to make 
them feel safer and reduce 
crime.
As your Police and Crime Commissioner my focus will be on:
l Protecting community policing - ensuring we have visible local teams that know their patch and local people’s priorities.
l Crime prevention – helping communities protect themselves, reducing crime and the fear of crime.
l Victim services – ensuring that victims of crime receive the support they need, listening to and communicating effectively with them.
l Partnerships – with the Probation Service, NHS and local councils to stop duplication of services and direct resources more effectively.
l You – I will ensure I’m accessible and that you have regular opportunities to question me and hold me to account.
If elected, I will work tirelessly with the chief constable to deliver effective police services whilst recognising the priorities of the different and diverse communities in Leicestershire and Rutland.

www.Sarah4PCC.co.uk



Suleman Nagdi, Independent, Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland police and crime commissioner election.





Sarah Russell, Labour, Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland police and crime commissioner election.



Sir Clive Loader, Conservative, Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland police and crime commissioner election



Leicestershire, Leicester, Rutland, Police Crime Commissioners, Hustings, candidates Sir Clive Loader, Suleman Nagdi, Sarah Russell, photographs